Instagram has launched a voice messaging feature to its direct messages. Users can now send audio messages up to one-minute long in their private and group chats using the app, thanks to a new update rolling out on both iOS and Android.
If you hold down the microphone button, your message will send as soon as you let go of the button. If you want to start again, tap your finger over to the trash bin. The feature works much like the version available on Facebook.
Starting today, you can send voice messages in Direct. Talk the way you want to be heard, whether by whispering what you’re up to or shouting a compliment. pic.twitter.com/3rkdQneNXO
— Instagram (@instagram) December 10, 2018
You can send voice messages using Instagram Direct. To see messages you’ve sent or received with Instagram Direct, tap the arrow in the top right of feed. From there, you can manage all your messages.
How to send a voice message on Instagram
- Tap on Instagram and open your Instagram account.
- Now, Go to on the blue arrow from the upper right corner or from your home page swipe to go to the direct messages window.
- When you enter you to the direct message window, tap to the conversation to whom you want to send a voice message.
- Now, you can see the new mic option on your “Message” panel (bottom of your screen). So, just go to there and tap & hold the mic and begin recording your message. (If you are not able to find a mic button then you need to update your Instagram app).
- When your message is recorded release your finger from the mic button and it will automatically send your recording. But if you want to cancel your recording you can do it, just don’t release your finger instead continue holding the mic and move your finger to the trash. So, when the color of the trash gets red it means the recording is deleted.
How to send a hands-free message on Instagram:
- Open a conversation.
- Tap and hold a mic and swipe up to the unlock.
- Release your finger while continuing to record.
- Tap to send your message or cancel by tapping the trash.
Tips: If you have sent your voice message and then want to delete it, Don’t worry, It’s very easy. just like any other message on Instagram long press on the voice message and you will get an “Unsend Message” option.
Read also: How to grow Instagram account