Email addresses are one the most powerful contact information about a user. So, building an email list of all the users is the most important thing that you can do for the growth of your online business. Newsletters are a powerful medium of getting a large number of subscribers from a website. They are in the form of a pop up with a subscription box, which requires the email address of the visitors on the website.
Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools today to take your blogs and businesses to the next level. Once you’ve setup your WordPress website, added the needed content, it is time to start getting subscribers!
WordPress newsletter plugin users can view their total user base and email users. Automated email updates are sent to the users based on their relevant activities.
Below are the best free newsletter plugins for WordPress:
By far the most popular newsletter plugin on WordPress, Newsletter, true to its name, helps you create email newsletters, send and track them without a hiccup. Some of the main features of this plugin are as follows:
- NEW responsive email Drag & Drop composer
- Unlimited Subscribers with statistics
- Unlimited Emails with tracking
- Customizable subscription widget, page or custom form
- WordPress User Registration seamless integration
- Single And Double Opt-In plus privacy checkbox for EU laws compliance
- Subscribers preferences to fine-target your campaigns
- Customizable Themes
- Html and Text versions of Emails
- All messages are fully translatable from Admin Panel (no .po/.mo)
- Diagnostics Panel to check your blog mailing capability
- Compatible with Postman, WP Mail SMTP, Easy WP SMTP, Easy SMTP Mail, WP Mail Bank
The plugin provides premium extensions for Amazon SES, Sendgrid, Mailjet, Mandrill and WooCommerce integration.
MailPoet Newsletters has grown to have over 3.6 million downloads and 200,000+ active installs. Unlike external email management systems like MailChimp or AWeber, MailPoet lets you control all newsletter and email settings from the admin panel itself.
- Drag-and-drop newsletter designer
- Send your latest posts automatically
- Autoresponders (e.g., “send email 3 days after someone subscribes”)
- Send emails to your WordPress users
- Start collecting subscribers in 2-clicks with our subscription widget
- Your choice of single or double opt-in
- Import subscribers in 2 easy steps
- Get statistics for your newsletters: opens, clicks, unsubscribes
- Drag-and-drop subscription form designer
- Perfect rendering that makes your newsletters look the same on mobile devices (iPhone, Android) and desktop/web email clients (Gmail, Outlooki, Yahoo, Hotmai, etc.)
- Send with your own web host or, third-party SMTP (e.g., SendGrid, Amazon SES, Gmail, etc.), or third-party API (SendGrid, Elastic EMail, etc.)
- The premium version includes various extended functionalities like exclusive themes, spam score checker, in-depth statistical analysis, automated bounce handling and priority support options. It also has an unlimited subscriber membership option as opposed to a limited 2000 subscribers for the free version.
ALO EasyMail Newsletter:
ALO EasyMail helps build a clean newsletter within no time. Available in over 20 languages, it is the quintessential plugin for a multi-translatable newsletter.
- Unlimited number of subscribers.
- Custom post type newsletters, which can be edited like posts or pages on WordPress.
- Batch sending of emails can be enabled. This constitutes sending emails at regular intervals till all the recipients in the subscriber list are completed.
- Integrated functionality to view the number of times the newsletter has been opened and the links therein accessed.
- Easy management of user roles and capabilities for restricted access.
- Option for automatically unsubscribing email addresses wherefrom the emails have bounced.
- Easy import of contacts from CSV files.
ALO EasyMail Newsletter is a completely free plugin with no paid versions. It has customized support for long subscriber lists and if you are any coder, there are plenty of tweakable themes and action hooks for you to add any of your own developments.
SendPress Newsletters is a fully responsive, easy-to-use newsletter plugin that focuses on simple creation and effective scheduling. One of the main advantages of this plugin is that it has numerous newsletter templates that are completely customizable which ensures that your newsletter is unique in every aspect.
- Unlimited Subscribers
- Unlimited Responsive Newsletters with tracking
- Simple editor. With an code-free experience
- Customizable subscription widget, page or custom form
- Sync WordPress roles to newsletter subscriber lists
- Single And Double Opt-In
- Html and Text versions of Newsletters
- Customizable Newsletter Templates with easy to use theme styler
The Pro version includes all of the above features and then some. These are:
- Advanced statistics reports of who opened the email, on what device and which links therein were clicked on.
- One-click spam testing by SpamAssassin so that your emails never bounce.
- API integration for Mandrill, Sendgrid, Elastic Email, Mailgun and Amazon Web Services.
The price here is slightly steep as compared to the other plugins. SendPress Newsletters costs $99 per year for 1 site, $199 per year for 3 sites and $399 per year for an unlimited number of sites.
Tribulant Newsletters plugin for WordPress is completely equipped with solutions to all subscriber, email, newsletter and marketing requirements in its arsenal. Satisfying both personal and professional needs, the plugin has quite a few unique features, listed below:
- Off-site subscription forms are enabled. This implies that one can subscribe to your WordPress site via external, third-party websites like Facebook or Twitter too.
- Posts can be sent as newsletters.
- Enables a user to subscribe to the latest posts on the website.
- A large number of newsletter templates are available and new ones can be added and customized.
- Apart from individual listings, group listings of subscribers can be created.
- Statistical, chart-based analysis of the number of emails sent, subscriber growth, bounces and unsubscribes can be done for any given period of time.
- Creation of custom fields on the subscription form such as name, address, gender, etc. is enabled.
- Integrated Gravity Forms and Embedded Images are available.
The plugin also has several extensions available for WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, Google Analytics and hooks for third-party plugins. Quite reasonable cost-wise, it is for $64.99 per year for a single user and $194.97 per year for an unlimited number of sites.
However, these newsletter plugins have a host of great functionalities that support all the requirements of individual bloggers and small-scale businesses. So choose the one that you think suits your needs best and start getting your subscribers!
Are there any other plugins that you think should be included here? Let us know in the comments section below!