CMS is very popular and mostly prefer for designing the website. If you are planning to design your website using a CMS then you must have gone through these options WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento or more right!! But to decide which one is perfect for your website is a tough job. Because both of them have established themselves successfully in the market and their customer database is also huge. In this article you will get a detailed comparison between WordPress and Joomla CMS.
It was launched in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg as a blogging platform. It is very popular CMS and mostly preferred for content publishing. One of the reasons of its popularity is a user friendly approach, as it’s offering a highly intuitive platform, where users who are not aware of coding language can build their website easily. There are various business industries who are using WordPress for their website and WordPress has designed global community with millions of active users including developers, professionals, volunteers, etc. Nearly 75 millions website is running successfully and over 160 million users are downloading approx. In addition, it supports 3k+themes and 44k plugins. It is suitable for users who are looking to design a static website like blogging and news platforms. Moreover, available add-ons make it easy for you to set up a website easily. Looking for WordPress Hosting India? Look no further than MilesWeb hosting!!
1) WordPress offers multiple templates that are available online with both the options: paid or free.
2) Plugins are available and you can switch as per your requirement.
3) From SEO point of view, WordPress offer popular yoast SEO plugin and this plugin will guide you how to improve your SEO.
4) It is continuously improving and publishing new themes and plugins for smooth functioning of the website.
5) For security, WordPress offers superior plugins and its take 5min to install and set up the website.
1) Most of the plugins are designed by commercial developers and amateurs. It is observed that most of them are defective and this affects the performance of the website.
2) Themes are tough to customize and this makes rigid while changing the theme without misplacing the content.
3) If you are totally new to WordPress then it becomes tough for you to perform some activities by yourself.
4) From SEO point of view, Joomla offers Easy Fronted SEO plugin which consists of the best features as compared to the WordPress Yoast SEO plugin.
5) There are multiple issues while upgrading the plugins. However, it is not always possible in the case of existing plugins.
6) Most of the hackers target the WordPress website due to the usage of 3rd party plugin.
Joomla:– It was launched in 2005 by Mambo developers who want to design their own CMS. If you compare with WordPress then it is the most prominent CMS. It has a huge customer database as it is used by all types of businesses and nearly 2.8 million websites are running on Joomla. It supports 1k free themes and 5k plugins approx and if you are thinking to design an eCommerce website then it is the best option to begin the journey. It hardly takes 10 minutes to install and set up the Joomla website.
1) From SEO point of view, Joomla offers Easy Fronted SEO plugin which offers the best features as compared to the WordPress Yoast SEO plugin.
2) For security, Joomla offers SSL and Two Factor Authentication to protect your website. In addition, they have designed security extensions and it is mainly developed for designers and known as Vulnerability.
3) If you are looking for static pages for blog presentation, then Joomla is the best option to begin the blogging journey.
4) Joomla offers superior integrated community and membership functionality.
1) Joomla is slightly complex, as it makes tough to include your own design without taking help of experts.
2) Joomla offers small module marketplace that has a limited number of additional modules and add-ons. However, if you are looking to customize your website, it’s become tough to find and maintain the same in Joomla.
After comparing these two CMS, it is important to note that both the CMS are different from each other and offer unique features. However, WordPress stands in the first position due to ease of use, whereas Joomla stands second since one needs to be an expert while designing a website in Joomla. It is your call which CMS you want to choose and how expert you are to set up your website.