After the announcement of MIUI 10, AI-powered Portrait Mode for single camera devices and this feature is now available for most of the devices. Right now this portrait mode is available for both rear and front camera in Beta ROM for some devices and Also the front portrait mode is available for some devices running on MIUI 10 Stable ROM.
Artificial intelligence helps the Camera app in MIUI 10 to identify people on photos and draw the distinction between their silhouettes and the background. Background blur for single camera phones is the result of hundreds of thousands of photos being used for deep machine learning.
Features of Camera App 2.0
- Short Video: Helps you to capture small video of 15 seconds duration, probably for GIF’s etc.
- Time Lapse & Slow Motion: You can also shoot a faster video and a slower one too with the in-built features.
- Portrait Mode: Shoot your photos with the help of AI mechanism.
- Beautify: Different beautify mode such as Slender, Tone & Smooth along with manual adjustments to suit the needs of the user.
- Square & Panorama: Click your photos in Square frame or in panorama mode.
Check out few of the camera samples taken by our MI Fans: