Finally, the first Android P developer preview is Available. First, it’s limited to Google’s Pixel and Pixel 2. For sure, you would be excited to install Android P on Google Pixel/Pixel XL or Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL phone. Right? If so, then it is quite straightforward. You will need to flash your phone and quickly install it now without wasting much time.
How to Install Android P Right Now on Google Pixel/Pixel XL or Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL:
Mote: Flashing will erase all your device’s data, create a backup of your data
1. Download suitable system image for your device from here and unzip it to a proper folder.
2. Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
3. Start your device in fastboot mode with following ways:
- Using adb tool, enter “adb reboot bootloader” command
- Using a key combo: Turn the device off, then turn it on and immediately hold down the relevant key combination for your device.
4. If it needs, Unlock your phone in bootloader using the following command
fastboot flashing unlock
Now you devices will show you confirmation screen and delete all data from your phone.
5. Open a terminal and locate the unzipped system image directory of your device.
6. Now enter following script: